CATCHER-BEHIND HOME PLATE
* LIVE BALL- ONE FOOT ON HOME PLATE AND FOLLOW THE PLAYS.
* BE PREPARED TO BACK UP BALLS MISSED BY THE PITCHER
* HOLD YOUR GLOVE OUT WHEN APLAY SHOULD COME TO YOU
* IF YOU MISS A CATCH FIND AND RETURN THE BALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
DO NOT TAG THE RUNNER.
ONE FOOT ON HOME AND THE BALL IS ALL YOU NEED TO MAKE AN OUT.—–
* STAND ABOUT 2 METERS FROM THE TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE BASE
* ONCE THE BALL IS IN THE PLAY,PLACE YOUR LEFT FOOT ON THE FIRST BASE AND HOLD YOUR GLOVE OUT.
* MOST BALL WILL COME TO YOU !!! BE ALERT!
* 1F THE BALL IS BEING THROWN HOME
* BACK UP THE CATCHER
* YOU NEED TO TAG THE RUNNER OUT IF..
* SHE IS BETWEEN YOU AND THE BASE OR
* OR THE RUNNER IS RETURNING TO 1ST BASE FROM 2ND BASE
SECOND 2 BASE
SECOND BASE IS 2 APROX FROM BAG
* GO AFTER ANY BALLS HIT TOWARDS RIGHT FIELD
* SS (SHORT STOP ) WILL COVER 2ND
* COVER 2ND WHEN THE BALL IS IN LEFT FIELD
* STAND MORE IN THE CENTRE WHEN LEFTY IS BATTING.
*YOU NEED TO TAG THE RUNNER IF THERE IS NO FORCE TO 2ND.OTHERWISE JUST HAVE ONE FOOT ON THE BASE AND BALL IN HAND.
SS -SHORT STOP
YOUR POSITION FROMS A TRIANGLE BETWEEN 2ND & 3RD BASE
* The first base is usually your best , however you can tag anyone running between 2nd and 3rd
* Back up your pitcher
* If you fumble the ball look towards home,3rd,and 2nd for runners who are taking extra bases.
You need to stand 1.5 meters from the base towards the Ss and the outfield
Cover 2nd when ball is in left field
Stay on base and be prepared for runners steal to 3rd.
Keep constant communication with Ss
Note you need to tag the runner if there is no force to 3rd, other wise one foot on base and ball in hand
Always be prepared for over throws to your area watch the ball until it is thrown back to pitcher.
Calling your plays!!!