- Students are expected to meet at teacher designated areas at the beginning and end of class.
Physical Education attire
- Students must have a complete change of clothes separate from their school clothes, consisting of an athletic top, shorts/sweats, socks, and sneakers. All attire must adhere to school dress codes.
- During the Dance unit, at least ¾ length or longer sweatpants
- Appropriate swimwear (one piece swimsuits for girls) and swim caps are required during swimming. Sunscreen and swim goggles are recommended.
- When a change of clothes is not available students will still be expected to participate.
- Participating without a change of clothes will result in lowered daily grades.
- Lost/misplaced items to be reported to the teacher after an adequate search.
- The students are expected to arrive at their meeting locations within 5 minutes after the 1st bell.
- Unexcused tardies will be handled according to Student Handbook guidelines.
If you are unable to participate in P.E. for a medical reason you are expected to:
- Provide a note from home or from a doctor, or see the nurse for medical evaluation.
- Provide written explanation of limitations & capabilities
Locker Room Expectations
- Appropriate student behavior is vital for safety.
- Students are expected to be responsible and lock all personal items in their lockers.
- Students are required to use a school lock for their locker.
- Showers are a part of P.E. for basic hygiene. Ten minutes will be provided at the end of each class for showers/changing.
- On some days showers will be REQUIRED for all participating students.
- On some days showers may be OPTIONAL.
- Towels are available in the locker room.
- Physical & emotional safety IS IMPORTANT AT ALL TIMES. Appropriate student behavior is vital for maintaining a safe learning environment. You are expected to use P.E. equipment correctly and in the manner intended. Endangering others and behaving in an unsafe manner will result in appropriate consequences.
- PE is an active participation class.
- Students will engage in physical activities which may be strenuous, challenging and new.
- PE students are expected to engage in and contribute to activities to the best of their own ability on any given day.
- Positive participation produces positive result